Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auth Reject - Permanent Authorization Failure MAC addr
<131> CABLEMODEM [DOCSIS]: <66030108> Auth Reject - Permanent Authorization Failure MAC addr: XX XX XX XX XX XX

VS.

<132>CMTS[DOCSIS]:<66030108> Auth Reject - Permanent
Authorization Failure . CM Mac Addr <XXXX.XXXX.XXXX>

What are the differences between the two?
Looks like those are BPI based errors, probably for the different levels of BPI - +
Mac is banned.
(09-07-2013, 07:38 PM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: Mac is banned.

Yeah, that what I meant to say Blush
(09-07-2013, 08:09 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 07:38 PM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: Mac is banned.

Yeah, that what I meant to say Blush

Yeah, but I noticed that some telnet logs have one, <131>, and not the other <132>. I thought someone can tell me the difference if there is any. Perhaps, it doesn't matter and I'm reading too much into it. I guess it just means HFC mac banned, right?
macs....

Jeez. You want to actually learn how to test a cm on a networkthen go to the BPI page and turn on BPI+...Get an ip that way and you're doing something. Irealize some of you don't need to, but , 1 day, you will....yes, really. It will happen.
Actually, I looked a little more closer at the two statements. The <132> says CM Mac Addr <XXXX.XXXX.XXXX> but the <131> says just MAC addr: XX XX XX XX XX XX.
I noticed that the <131> statement refers not to the CM mac address but something that is almost the DHCP server mac. So for instance, the DHCP server mac might say 00 01 5C 47 EA 41 and the mac under the <131> statement would say 00 01 5C 47 EA 4D.
So does that still mean the HFC mac is banned or we are looking at a different issue? Maybe AMBJR could explain this.
Change the mac address on the computer you are using on the diag cm.
(10-07-2013, 06:20 PM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: Change the mac address on the computer you are using on the diag cm.

Oh, I definitely do that. I even change the host name.

But, I'm not asking at this point how to fix it but rather what is the difference between the two statements. I get that one of them is when the HFC mac is banned but the other one gives a mac address that is almost the same as the DHCP server mac. Anybody?
Doesn't really matter...the hfc mac is what kills you. I'm sure there is a nice, lengthy, boring, overly explained page on that at cisco.com....