Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapmeet modem came right online
I bought a sb5101 modem from the swapmeet. brought it home, dumped the flash, hooked to coax, let it sit on the line for 20 minutes, re-dumped the flash, flashed the original dump, let it sit on the line for 10 minutes, flashed hax diag on bank 0 and 1, unchecked "force network access" and the damn thing came right online.

wtf Dodgy

that was no fun, has anyone seen this before?

On a side note, are the orange diagnostic 5101's worth getting, or is it just an orange case with features hax already has? Anything special about them?
Yeah, it happens alot here. i bought a 6120 in miami and hooked it up a few weeks later at my house and it was pullin 500/10 for about 10 days untill it went offline. What happened was the previous owner changed to a 6580 and CC never removed his old one from the system. It took awhile until the system caught it.

The orange Diag 5102's are little more than collector's memorabilia now as Haxorware replaces that firmware with a nice pretty Freetard friendly point/click GUI. If you are interested, though...go to SBH and there are some interesting posts in the archives about those cm's by Daks or DevDelay I think..
This is my first post.

I found haxorware basically by this way.

Found a guy, who offered me a modem [*with internet*] that would work for a year guaranteed for a price$ of course.

I watched him work on it (sorry to be rude but he did not seem to be very tech savvy so I had to see what he knew and how this worked)

All he did was connect the wires to the router, plug it in, and viola I have 15mbs download speeds.

Now he left the haxorware page open on my browser when he left, intrigued I googled, and landed here, and I have been reading, from old posts to new, and wow, I am confused! Lol I have much "testing" to do, I definitely want to learn more.
it'll last a few weeks and you'll never hear for him again
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
The first thing I would do is download every file from that modem and stick it in a folder until you know what to do with those files, or files that are similar but with different names.