Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 Running Sigma X2 no longer works
I'm trying to figure out how to get this modem working again. I've had it for 3 years.

The power and pc activity are the only two lights that blink and never gets past that. it just stopped working out of the blue a week ago. I can not seem to access the routers management page. I suspect the modem may have a mac address problem. Can't verify whether or not this is the case. Nor can I seem to flash anything using my parallel cable Jtag because there is no port for it on my computer.

What could be wrong?
Turn it off, unplug the coax, power on, then go to 192.168.100.1 to reach the GUI.

The 5100 is ancient. It could be a 1,000 things depending on your current setup, Your ISP might have might started checking certs, started banning clones, started checking FW, your cloned mac is no longer active, etc...

Time to read and research as no one is going to write up a how-to guide anymore.
The problem is I cannot log into the router management page for the simple fact that the modem is not fully operable
(20-01-2014, 11:01 PM)Sunaj Wrote: The problem is I cannot log into the router management page for the simple fact that the modem is not fully operable

just hook the modem directly to the PC.
Nothing happens . I get a request timed out, when trying to access the modems page. Nothing even happens when I press the standby button on the top of it.
Could be a dead modem. I never used Sigma and don't care to look it up, but try ssh or telnet on 192.168.100.1
Try 192.168.100.1/1337
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself!!!

Regardless of who starts first; ability decides seniority !!!!!
Actually Sigma is 192.168.100.1:1337

If u can't still get in u would need to reflash the modem.
(21-01-2014, 02:42 AM)Sunaj Wrote: Nothing happens . I get a request timed out, when trying to access the modems page. Nothing even happens when I press the standby button on the top of it.

Are you using it with firefox? Try doing it with internet explorer.
I guess I have to reflash the modem. nothing is happening. Keep getting ' timed out', nothing even happens when I press the stand by button on it