Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have an original working webstar dpc2100r2 firmware?
Hi everyone, glad to be here. I just started out playing with my dpc2100r2 and was wondering if anyone has an original firmware dump for it.

I've tried a couple firmwares that I found but neither seem to work. I tried flashing each twice and while they do flash I only get one blinking light and can't connect. I don't know if it has anything to do with the flash chip which is an AMD 291v160DB.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.
(06-09-2011, 07:18 PM)skipper Wrote: Hi everyone, glad to be here. I just started out playing with my dpc2100r2 and was wondering if anyone has an original firmware dump for it.

I've tried a couple firmwares that I found but neither seem to work. I tried flashing each twice and while they do flash I only get one blinking light and can't connect. I don't know if it has anything to do with the flash chip which is an AMD 291v160DB.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files
.rar   9fc00000_dpc2100R2_v202r1256a_060303.rar (Size: 945.72 KB / Downloads: 859)
.rar   Original_dpc2100R2.rar (Size: 945.92 KB / Downloads: 884)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I believe those are the two I tried, the second link i'm sure of.
ok a number of things you can do
1. flash a haxor 2mb dump and allow firmware updates (after setting a webstar spoof) see the 2mb dump thread
2. flash each part individually with jtag ldram boot, ldram image1, ldram image2, ldram cfg (image1 and 2 are the same) attached below
3 flash with serial (i'm not writing this bit as the others should work)

Attached Files
.zip   dpc.zip (Size: 764.45 KB / Downloads: 614)
__________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks drewmerc. I'll try #2 when I get home later tonight as it seems the easiest to do now. I will report back my progress.
@drewmerc, do you have exactly version of v202r1256-060303? thanks hope that the v202r1256a-060303 is good
if i back it to normal do i can flash it again with Haxorware?
last question, may i use just Ethernet Cable for it?
(07-09-2011, 10:32 AM)maacky Wrote: @drewmerc, do you have exactly version of v202r1256-060303? thanks hope that the v202r1256a-060303 is good
no
(07-09-2011, 10:32 AM)maacky Wrote: if i back it to normal do i can flash it again with Haxorware?
i need clarification on what you mean? i guess you mean how many times can you flash and reflash a modem, well there is a limit but i have no idea how many times (i would need to look at the flash chip datasheet) but considering the modem writes to flash every time you turn it on, i'll say 1000's of times

(07-09-2011, 10:32 AM)maacky Wrote: last question, may i use just Ethernet Cable for it?
if it's already flash with haxorware then yes you can (but i dont understand what your trying to accomplish i think you may be wanting to provision it but the certs maybe bad so i would not think you should)

always backup your modem, i dont get why people still dont do this or why people lose there backups, i always email them to myself

I got it to work flashing each part separately, thanks a lot. You used jtag utility to grab each part from your modem - so like getram boot, getram cfg and so on?

Also cfg stores all the stuff like the mac, serial and certificates right?
well not being home stopped me from doing it from a real modem but yes more or less (i just ldram 9fc00000 200000 a 2mb dump then getram all the different parts for you)

cfg yes it's the nonvol