Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I do with a SBG6580?
Does it suck how the ISP is allowed to choose how the equipment you choose to connect to their system operates. -_- seriously.....then didnt make you connect your shit to their network you chose too
Didn't mean to offend; I figured a site titled "Haxorware" of all places would feel the same way I do.

Anyway, any luck tracking down the version 8.6.2.0 firmware?
(06-06-2015, 09:12 PM)dryphi Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 08:13 PM)neo_ Wrote: You are sounding as if you should be legally empowered to. You get what you pay for. You control your equipment by paying for different tiers.

Entitled to control which firmware runs on the device, just like every other device I own including my cell phone? Yes. Absolutely.
Empowered to alter the download speeds to higher levels than I pay for? Of course not. If this is even possible.

You're comparison is wrong.

The modem has a firmware which is holds no user interaction.

Your cell phone also has a firmware with no user interaction which is called a baseband. DO NOT get this confused with your Android operating system.

Good luck trying to hack your baseband.
(07-06-2015, 12:41 AM)neo_ Wrote: You're comparison is wrong.

The modem has a firmware which is holds no user interaction.

Your cell phone also has a firmware with no user interaction which is called a baseband. DO NOT get this confused with your Android operating system.

Good luck trying to hack your baseband.

If you had read any other post in this thread before jumping in you would realize that we've been referring to the firmware that does have a user interface this entire time.
If you're not going to add anything constructive please just keep your opinion to yourself.

Also "you're" is a contraction of "you are" and does not mean the same thing as "your", the possessive case of you.
(07-06-2015, 12:45 AM)dryphi Wrote: If you had read any other post in this thread before jumping in you would realize that we've been referring to the firmware that does have user interaction this entire time.

Your brilliance astounds me.

(07-06-2015, 12:45 AM)dryphi Wrote: If you're not going to add anything constructive please just keep your opinion to yourself.

Everything I say is constructive. Just don't take it personally if you have high estrogen levels.
(07-06-2015, 12:48 AM)neo_ Wrote: Everything I say is constructive. Just don't take it personally if you have high estrogen levels.

Anything else? can we get back to the actual conversation please?
(07-06-2015, 12:45 AM)dryphi Wrote: Also "you're" is a contraction of "you are" and does not mean the same thing as "your", the possessive case of you.

(07-06-2015, 12:50 AM)dryphi Wrote: Anything else?

Yes. You know you won the argument when they start correcting your grammar.
(07-06-2015, 12:53 AM)neo_ Wrote: Yes. You know you won the argument when they start correcting your grammar.
Yes, that's the correct usage.

Please, I'm looking for information, not an argument.
(07-06-2015, 12:55 AM)dryphi Wrote: Please, I'm looking for information, not an argument.

May I suggest you pivot to going through and correcting all of my grammar - from all my posts? It would be highly appreciated and I've noticed you've shown a special interest and motivation in it.
(07-06-2015, 12:37 AM)dryphi Wrote: Didn't mean to offend; I figured a site titled "Haxorware" of all places would feel the same way I do.

Anyway, any luck tracking down the version 8.6.2.0 firmware?

As Zilicunt proclaimed, he sent you correct firmware, meaning, if he did the correct removal of the p7 header (should have known that before sending it), then modem would indeed accept it, and if you did not plug in the coax, it would stay, however, if the p7 header was wrong, it will not boot, (but becomes last stored firmware string) and if firmware updates are enabled.. (most likely after flashing new firmware) if your secure software download is set to true, and you tried to flash a p7 instead of bin. Quite simply, a p7 can only be loaded, with matching cvc, (to the best of my knowledge) through the coax, ie, internet side of you.

He has'nt said a p7 cannot be loaded onto a modem, by us anyway, but tell's you to flash it. Pmsl, Then send's you one with what is 'apparently' the correct file with the correct amount of byte's removed (p7 header) yet firmware wont flash? Either coax was plugged in, or wrong p7 header.

I'll come back later and see if you've progressed, if not, I will be only to happy to put my shit together in a way that will work for you in less than 10 seconds.