Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private CMTS
If I buy a private CMTS can I use this to provision/push out firmware to modems, for example the newer 3.0/3.1 modems that use nand flash and cannot be upgraded using the traditional methods?
Yes, absolutely. You're essentially just running a private network.
(01-10-2018, 02:54 PM)ricktendo Wrote: If I buy a private CMTS can I use this to provision/push out firmware to modems, for example the newer 3.0/3.1 modems that use nand flash and cannot be upgraded using the traditional methods?

That and a docsis server... witch you can freely build with a pc and vmware.
Will this work?

NORTEL NETWORKS CMTS NORTEL 1000

I would like to push out fw for CM8200A or other 3.1 modems
Hi, maybe the answer is to late but for D3.1 modems you need at least a D3.0 capable CMTS. The reason for that: All D3.1 modems looking for the MDD message transported in the downstream channel during registration. This MDD message was introduced with D3.0. A absence of this MDD message will lead to the result that the D3.1 modem will now acknowledge the downstream channel as a invalid valid channel and looking for another frequency in the channel scan list.

The NORTEL CMTS is a really old one. So no MDD messages at all.

(Edit in green)
Thanks 0rko, it is too late because I did go ahead purchase it. Maybe it will still be of some use, it could help me learn something.