Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I do with a SBG6580?
(03-06-2015, 12:56 AM)Ziricom Wrote: I had the firmware file lol and i dont it well the sporadic drop issue is probably something else not related to firmware now let me know once you have the firmware file so i can take the link down and (DO NOT SHARE IT) lol
I have the file now, thank you. p7 extension correct?

Should I obtain my current firmware from somewhere in case this one doesn't work?
(03-06-2015, 12:58 AM)dryphi Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 12:56 AM)Ziricom Wrote: I had the firmware file lol and i dont it well the sporadic drop issue is probably something else not related to firmware now let me know once you have the firmware file so i can take the link down and (DO NOT SHARE IT) lol
I have the file now, thank you. p7 extension correct?

Should I obtain my current firmware from somewhere in case this one doesn't work?

Yes the .p7 that is correct and nah it should be fine
(03-06-2015, 12:51 AM)Ziricom Wrote: then launch TFTPD32 and put the attached firmware file into the TFTP Directory and then run the bat script (also attatched) and the modem should take the firmware upgrade. Reboot and it should be good to go

I'm sorry but I did not download the bat script.
Thanks
Which cannot be done unless he removes the p7 header.
(06-06-2015, 03:21 AM)Canis-Major Wrote: Which cannot be done unless he removes the p7 header.

what?
What do you mean by "header" - remove the file extension?
(06-06-2015, 03:23 AM)dryphi Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 03:21 AM)Canis-Major Wrote: Which cannot be done unless he removes the p7 header.

what?
What do you mean by "header" - remove the file extension?

Here is the P7 with no header

https://mega.co.nz/#!AV4EWCQQ!CZHjU1puXL...jY8oIJfA_U

Just change the FW file name in the Bat script to image.bin
(06-06-2015, 03:29 AM)Ziricom Wrote: Here is the P7 with no header

What should I do with this? Try flashing it instead of the other file?
Sorry I'm such a n00b.

This firmware isn't gonna give some guy in Syria access to all my private info is it.. I'm poor by the way Smile
(06-06-2015, 03:32 AM)dryphi Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 03:29 AM)Ziricom Wrote: Here is the P7 with no header

What should I do with this? Try flashing it instead of the other file?
Sorry I'm such a n00b.

This firmware isn't gonna give some guy in Syria access to all my private info is it.. I'm poor by the way Smile

.......No firmware cannot give some guy in Syria access to all your private info and yes try flashing that instead of the other file
Well that was part of the problem as the file transfer seems to complete now. However the new firmware doesn't seem to flash.. After reboot the software version is the same. Tried this several times.
Are you sure you provided the correct file?
I believe the "upgrade" went through this time because the software version changed - to SBG6580-3.5.8.2-GA-00-488-NOSH.

Anyway it promptly reverted back to SBG6580-6.5.2.0-GA-06-077-NOSH as soon as I connected the coax again so no harm done.
Now we know this can be done and the process works at least.
The question is, if I manage to successfully upgrade the firmware, will it simply revert back to the version on the Comcast network when I reconnect?